*kid = young person/child. *venture = dare to do something.
KidVenture is a place where we challenge kids to dare to be the best they can be with God's help!

READ FIRST

We cannot vouch for the content of any other blogs on blogspot, We filter and view content ONLY on kidventures.blogspot.com, Get your parents permission to view kidventures.blogspot.com!

18 December 2007

It's a plane....a bird....its not superman!

Can you guess what letters go in the blanks?
SUPER _ _ _ _

Check the end to find out if you're correct!

Our theme is “Super Hero”! Most of us if not all of us have heard of batman, superman, ben 10, Yu-gi-oh, but they’re make believe! But we all know a true Super hero yep! We know Jesus! We should try to be like Jesus in our actions….Like being kind to others, and following his rules! He's got all the super heroes beat when it comes to power. Instead of leaping tall buildings in a single bound, my Super Hero creates planets. Rather than being faster than a speeding bullet, my super hero travels beyond light speed.
Here's a puppet show you can perform for your family and friends. So grab an action figure, doll, or sock and have fun!

Puppet: He socked em! He bopped em! He let em have it! Errrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
Leader: He did what to who?
Puppet: The bad guy! He let him have it! He knocked him into next week!
Leader: Who knocked who into next week and why?
Puppet: Spidey, duh. Who else? He let that bad guy have it.
Leader: Oh my goodness. Are you talking about Spiderman?
Puppet: Yeah, that is what I just said. Spidey!
Leader: Were you watching a little too much TV again?
Puppet: I don't think so. I think that I watched just the right amount.
Leader: Well you are getting pretty excited about a TV. show.
Puppet: Not just a TV show. It's Spidey!
Leader: You do know that Spiderman is not real, don't you?
Puppet: Don't say that!
Leader: Well it is the truth. Your "Spidey" is just a made up character.
Puppet: Say it isn't so! Say it isn't sooooo!
Leader: It is true.
Puppet: I know, but I love to imagine that he's real. I like to imagine that I am Spidey with all
his superhero powers
!
Leader: Well, Spidey is not real, but you really do have super powers?
Puppet: What? You mean my fingers can spit webs, and I can crawl up buildings?
Leader: No, not that, that's baby stuff compared to your "real" super powers?
Puppet: Can I fly?
Leader: Not exactly, but better.
Puppet: What do you mean? What kind of powers do I have that nobody else has?
Leader: Actually, everyone here, every boy, every girl, they all have super powers. We all do,
we just have to know how to use them & develop them.
Puppet: Are you pulling my chain?
Leader: Pulling your chain?
Puppet: Yeah, are you teasing me, are you joking, joshing, kidding, fooling, playing around with
me?

Leader: Not at all, I'm completely serious.
Puppet: Well tell me more, what are you waiting on. Duh!
Leader: Well when JESUS was on the earth..
Puppet: I love JESUS.
Leader: That's great. When JESUS was here on earth..
Puppet: JESUS is my favorite!
Leader: That is great to know, but do you want to know about super powers or not.
Puppet: Yeah, I'm just waiting on you.
Leader: Alright, as I was saying, when JESUS was on earth, he did...
Puppet: I LOOOOOO OOOOOO VVEEEE JESUS! He is the greatest superhero of all!
Leader: Okay Puppet. We all know you love JESUS & that is great, but if you want to know about your super powers you will have to quit interrupting.
Puppet: Even when you say the name of JESUS?
Leader: Yes, even when I say the name of JESUS.
Puppet: That is so hard because I just love Him so much, every time I hear His name I want to shout!
Leader: That is really good but the Bible also tells us that we have to practice self control.
Puppet: Yes ma'am, but JESUS really was a "real" superhero.
Leader: Yes He was. Are you ready to listen now?
Puppet: My lips are shut.
Leader: Okay then
Puppet: I mean they are sealed.
Leader: Great!
Puppet: Mums the word!
Leader: Okay puppet!
Puppet: My lips are locked and I threw away the key!
Leader: PUPPET!
Puppet: Sorry, I was just saying. Are you going to tell us about our super powers or not? What are you waiting on anyways?
Leader: (look at puppet in frustration) As I was saying, when JESUS was on the earth, HE was the greatest superhero of all. We know that JESUS was the Son of GOD who never sinned and that He died on the cross for our sins which is more than enough to make Him the greatest superhero of all! But JESUS always did a lot of other powerful things when He was on the earth. He healed sick people, He made blind people see, deaf people hear, cripple people walk, and He even brought people that died back to life! JESUS was and is and will always be the greatest superhero.
Puppet: Yeah, and JESUS is really real, not made up like Spidey!
Leader: That's right, Puppet! JESUS is real, and He's alive!
Puppet: JESUS is so amazing, but what does this have to do with my super powers?
Leader: Well, JESUS said that if we have faith, just the tiny tiniest bit, faith the size of a mustard seed, which is a teeny tiny weensy seed, it's only a little speck, JESUS said if we only have faith this much, then we will be able to do everything that He has done. He said that we would do even greater things than He has done. He said that we could move mountains!
Puppet: You mean to tell me if we have faith then we can move mountains, heal people, and do even greater things than JESUS?
Leader: That's right, but you got to have faith!
Puppet: Okay, what is this faith, and exactly where do I get it?
Leader: Hebrews 11: 1 says that faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of the things we do not see.
Puppet: I do not see GOD or JESUS but I am certain that they are there.
Leader: That is right! And when you pray for a miracle, you are hoping for it, but you should also believe for it too. We need to believe that surely GOD will answer our prayers and give us the miracle that we are hoping for.
Puppet: So, if I pray for an Xbox and believe then GOD will give me one?
Leader: No, that is not how it works.
Puppet: So what can I get?
Leader: It's not about what you can get, but about what you're willing to give.
Puppet: I don't understand.
Leader: Well, in order to develop faith, we need to spend time in GOD'S Word, and in prayer, and in church, learning all that we can about JESUS. We need to be willing to give our time, and give up other things so that we can spend time with GOD.
Puppet: Why?
Leader: Because you ca not have faith in somebody that you do not know. You need to get to know GOD'S ways as much as you can. This will make your faith strong, and it will develop your faith. It will also discipline your faith so that when you pray, you will only pray for things that are pleasing to GOD.
Puppet: Is an Xbox pleasing to GOD?
Leader: Maybe, maybe not. You might want one, but if you have faith in GOD then you will trust Him to do what is best for you, even if it is not what you would have wanted.
Puppet: You mean I wouldn't want an Xbox if God didn't want me to have one?
Leader: You could say that. GOD might know that if you get an Xbox that you would spend more time playing it than you would with Him. God knows the future, God knows what you are going to do better than you know what you are going to do.
Puppet: God is a superhero.
Leader: Yes He is.
Puppet: Do you think that if I keep praying, learning about GOD, believing, and doing my best to follow His ways that I could pray for sick people and GOD would heal them?
Leader: Yes, definitely! You can pray for great and mighty things and they will happen. But you have to keep praying, believing, & reading your Bible everyday. You really have to make a commitment to follow GOD and all His ways. It isn't easy to develop superhero faith but you can do it if you want to. You just have to make a commitment to put GOD first in all you do.
Puppet: I want that kind of faith! The kind that heals, the kind that moves mountains!
Leader: I think we all do! Let's pray that GOD helps us to build our faith stronger


Dear God, help us to build, develop, strengthen, & discipline our faith. Help us to seek you & to put you first in all we do. Make evident your power within us Lord so it will strengthen our faith and bring glory to your name. Let us love all that you love Jesus, and let us hate all that you hate, let our desires become one with yours Jesus. We pray right now that you will work within us so that we can accomplish all of that which you have created us for. In Jesus name, amen.

No comments: