*kid = young person/child. *venture = dare to do something.
KidVenture is a place where we challenge kids to dare to be the best they can be with God's help!

READ FIRST

We cannot vouch for the content of any other blogs on blogspot, We filter and view content ONLY on kidventures.blogspot.com, Get your parents permission to view kidventures.blogspot.com!

12 July 2008

MMMM.....coookies

Have you ever had a hard time thinking of what to pray about or maybe feel you have run out of things to say? Here's a reminder of the choclate chip cookie prayer. Use the prayers as guidelines but feel free to say whats on your heart to God. You should get with a parent or guardian and give a cookie to everyone you prayed for in your own personal chocolate cookie prayer.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Prayer
Vanilla - adds flavor - Write down the names of the people who add flavor to your life.
God, continue to bless these people with creativity and imagination. Let them use their talent for your glory.

Flour - adding flour thickens the mixture and slows the blending process - Pray for people who are too busy for you. Write down the names of people who you wish would spend more time with you.
Dear Heavenly Father, open the eyes of the people we have written, let them see the value of spending time with me and help me show them the beauty of being together.

Butter - saturated fat - unhealthy - Think of the people who tempt you to do devilish things. Write down the names of people you would like to pray for who may be headed down the wrong path.
Dear Lord, As I write these names, please enter their hearts and show them the right path to take. Help me to be a better butter influence on them.Baking Soda - used for raising - Think of the people who help raise your spirits when you are down. Write the names of people who give you a lift.
Creator Lord, thank you for the people who lift my spirits and raise me up to be a better person. I am so blessed to have these positive people in my life... help me to show my appreciation to them every chance I get.

Sugar - temporary or false satisfaction - Think of people who are fake, the people you can’t trust, those who pretend to be sweet but are mean hearted, people who are deceptive and or self-serving. Write the names of people who need this prayer.
Gracious and Almighty Lord, We need you to hear our prayer for the names we bring before you. Wrap your loving arms around these people so that they feel your warmth in order to melt their self-serving ways. Love them and help us to love them too. Give us patience and the ability to find the good inside of all these people.

Eggs - solidifies the batter, brings it all together, makes it whole - Think of people who fill you spiritually. Write down the names of all the good eggs who strengthen your faith life.
Dear Loving God, Thank you for bringing these people into my life who make me feel whole. They lift me closer to you and solidify my need for you. Remind me to pray for them often as they also need to have people who strengthen their faith life. Please make me a good egg.

Salt - for seasoning and preserving- Think of people who have authority over you. Write the names of those in authority who you struggle with, those who leave a nasty taste in your mouth..
Hey God, this is a biggie. I need you to soften my heart to those who I have trouble respecting. I wish they would change but if not, please help me to change my heart to be more accepting of the authority before me. Just as I respect you as the almighty one, help me to respect them as well..

Chocolate Chips - the bonus, the prize inside - Think of the people in your life who make your life extra special. Write down all your chocolate chip people.
Father God, Thank you, thank you for surrounding me with these great people. Help me to focus on their great qualities and help me to acquire some of their great features as well. Make me, Lord, a chocolate chip in someone else’s life. As you have gifted each of us with special gifts, we praise you for the magnificent cookie of life you have baked for me.
Amen.

No comments: